Thiruvananthapuram – Kasaragod
Nude fitness legs Hentai Clips testosterone for sale usa fitness caltagirone – soc.coop. amateur c.s.t.i….Semi High-Speed Rail Project
THE NEED FOR A PARADIGM SHIFT
Kerala even though known to be a linear state with a population of only 3.45 crores is commonly divided and called Southern Kerala, Central Kerala, and Northern Kerala. The Highways are choked with the rush of vehicles and the existence of residential and commercial establishments along the major highways makes the road development a dream which will not happen in the near future. With road development at standstill, new vehicles are entering the roads of Kerala at the rate of 1 million per year.
Considering the capacity of traffic served by the rail corridor and the comparatively less quantity of resources required for realizing rail projects, a rail corridor connecting the North and south ends of Kerala seems to be ideal for the state.
Since the existing rail corridor is serving the trains to travel at a low speed of 45km/hour only, the Government of Kerala in association with the Ministry of Railways have decided to construct a Semi high-speed rail corridor of 529.45 km length from Thiruvanathapuram to Kasargode which will take only 4 hours to travel between the two cities by traversing at a dream speed of 200 km/h. This project is known to be “SilverLine”.
The 529.45 km SilverLine corridor connecting Kasaragod and Thiruvananthapuram, with an operating speed of 200kmph, eases the transport between North and South ends of the state and reduces the total travel time to less than 4 hours, compared with the present 10 to 12 hours. The intermediate stations include Kollam, Chengannur, Kottayam, Ernakulam, Kochi Airport, Thrissur, Tirur, Kozhikode and Kannur.
SilverLine will bring remarkable changes in local commute, by improving the travel time and quality of transportation. Every kilometre travelled by a person on semi high-speed rail is a kilometre not travelled in an automobile. There will be a substantial reduction in road accidents due to decongestion on roads. SilverLine also provides last mile connectivity which will transform people’s perception towards public transportation.
- Saves time and money
- Help recovery from COVID-19 outbreak
- Increase Business Opportunities
- Create Employment Opportunities
- Building new Townships and Smart cities
- Areas nearby stations will change into Industrial Hub
- Accelerate development of tourism industry in Kerala.
- Leads to higher Gross State Development Product(GSDP) for Kerala.
- Reach any District of Kerala in the shortest time during an emergency
- Fast, Safe and Comfortable mode of transportation
- Reduced accidents.
- Accident cost savings is expected to be over 20 Million USD
- Reduced traffic congestion.
- Alignment chosen is the Cheapest, less disturbance to structures & a GREENFIELD CORRIDOR
- Reduction of approximately 2,87,994 tons of CO2 by 2030 and 5,94,636 tons by 2050.
- Achieving Sustainable Development Goal 13-CLIMATE ACTION
- Uses 100% renewable energy.
- Zero use of Fossil fuels in Operations.
- Improvement of air quality.
- Reduction in Greenhouse gas emissions.
- Wetlands are preserved.
- Rejuvenation of abandoned paddy fields.
- All buildings of Silverline will meet the standards of the Indian Green Building Council, with minimum disruption of flora & fauna.
- Energy-Efficient mode compared to other modes of transport.
- Lower noise impact when compared to road transport.
- Scientific waste management system.
- Statistics reveal that during the 2011-17 period, 602 kidney patients, who were waiting for organ donors, had died due to the delay in transplantation
- Since SilverLine trains can reach all its destinations within 4 hours, organ transportation through SilverLine will be a big blessing to the people.
Eg: Hyderabad Metro –Heart Transport
4 hrs (approx.)
Project Cost on Completion
Rs 63,940.67 Crores
Roll-on/roll-off (RORO) Services
Introduction of RORO facilities leads to transport of vehicles such as trucks, lorries, etc. in an environment friendly manner
Last Mile Connectivity
- Last mile connectivity by providing cab feeder services, share auto services, eBus services, bicycle/bike rental schemes
- E-charging facilities for individual electric vehicles
- Ergonomically designed interiors with ample leg space for passenger comfort, LED lighting, overhead luggage racks, power outlets for laptop/mobile charging and modernized toilets
- LCD passenger interface which will display information in Malayalam, English, and Hindi.
- Integration into One Nation One Card
SPECIAL FACILITIES FOR DIFFERENTLY ABLED PASSENGERS
- Extra wide gates
- Wheelchair docking facilities in every coach
- Tactile paths
- Exclusive friendly toilets
- Ramps at stations
- Braille letters in lifts and AFC gates
- Voice guidance in ticket vending machines
SPECIAL FACILITIES FOR WOMEN PASSENGERS
- CCTV surveillance in trains and stations
- Customer care facility
- Security staff in all stations
- Zero tolerance towards drunkards and trouble makers
- Feeding rooms.